Saturday, July 4, 2009

Opinion - Stealing My Idea?

Has LEGO stolen my idea? Or is it just a freak coincidence? Watching the video from Bryce's last post, I noticed this alligator robot... and how it moved. If you look closely you will see little legs spinning around, propelling the robot forward. I don't know if anyone remembers Frogger (my little hopping robot that was finished but never really worked, so I sort of abandoned it), it worked on the same concept- rotating legs pushing in forward. So what do you think? Did LEGO steal my idea? Post a comment below with your thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure this is a very common technique. It works very well too, so that is probably why Lego decided to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if they did or not, but I think that you can build the one with Lego's building instructions, and then see where you messed up on yours, and then try to rebuild yours to work the way you want it too, so Lego is helping you out!

    ReplyDelete